We are committed to resolving clients complaints through and effective internal resolution complaints procedure.
Should you feel the need to lodge a formal complaint, please download the following article which details the steps needed to lodge a formal complaint.
All Complaints are forwarded to the Compliance Officer who will forward the matter to the responsible department for investigation. Once the matter is resolved, the outcome is communicated to the complainant. If the complainant is satisfied with the response, the matter is concluded. Should the complainant be dissatisfied with the response, the relevant Ombudsman may be contacted.
To ensure that we maintain a good relationship with our customers we are committed to:
- Resolving client complaints through an effective internal resolution complaints procedure and system;
- Being transparent and visible, thereby allowing the client to have full knowledge of the procedures when lodging a complaint and the resolution thereof, including the additional option of referring the matter to an external party (FAIS, Short Term or Long Term Ombudsman) ;
- Handling all complaints fairly and with the least inconvenience to the client.
ALL COMPLAINTS MUST BE LODGED IN WRITING.
These can be sent via:
- Post to: Complaints PO Box 98758 Sloane Park 2052
- Faxed to: 086 682 7883
- Supporting documentation, information must accompany the complaint.
- On receipt of the complaint Management will acknowledge receipt of the complaint in writing with the complainant.
- Management will lodge the compliant and refer the complaint to the relevant department head.
- The Compliance Officer will be made aware of the complaint.
- PinnAfrica will attempt to resolve the complaint within a reasonable time, which will be no longer than 48 hours. This may be in conjunction with any other departments or staff that can assist with the complaint. The outcome of the complaint will be submitted to the complainant in writing and,
- The complainant will be advised that if he / she is not satisfied with the outcome, the complainant may approach either
a. the office of the Ombud for Short-Term Insurance,
b. the Ombud for Long-Term Insurance
c. the office of the Ombud for Financial Services Providers
d. take such other steps as may be advised by his / her legal representatives.
- The Ombud for Short Term and Long Term Insurance deals with consumer complaints relating to disputes with regards to claims or insurance premiums. The Ombud for Financial Services deals with complaints that fall within specific categories listed in the Rules on Proceedings of the Office of the Ombud for Financial Service Providers and must be lodged in accordance with section 21 of the FAIS Act.
- FAIS and Short Term Ombud Complaints are sent to PinnAfrica by The Insurer. PinnAfrica will supply The Insurer with the information required to prepare a response.
- Long Term Insurance Ombud Complaints are sent directly to PinnAfrica. PinnAfrica will advise The Insurer of the complaint and will prepare and submit the complaint to the Ombuds office and keep The Insurer informed of all the communications.
The Compliance Officer
PinnAfrica Insurance Underwriting Managers (Pty) Ltd
Telephone: 0861 800 855
Alternative Number: 010 007 0069
Fax: 086 648 8744
Postal Address: Po Box 98758, Sloan Park, 2152
The Ombud Short-Term Insurance
Telephone: 011 726 8900
Alternative Number: 0860 726 890
Fax: 011 726 5501
Postal Address: Po Box 32334, Braamfontein, 2017
The Ombud Long-Term Insurance
Telephone: 012 657 5000
Alternative Number: 0860 103 236
Fax: 021 674 0951
Postal Address: Private Bag X45, Claremont,Cape Town, 7735
The FAIS Ombud
Telephone: 012 470 9090
Alternative Number: 0860 324 766
Fax: 012 348 3447
Postal Address: Po Box 74571, Lynnwood Ridge, 0040